Wednesday, November 5, 2014

Ikebukuro Advertising "Book of Circus" and "Book of Murder"

Hey everyone!

So, since coming to Tokyo (東京), one of my favorite spots is Ikebukuro (池袋). While I will write more about Ikebukuro another time, I had to post the below about a giant ad that I ran across way back in July.


Three Ads for the wonderfulness that was (and is) "Black Butler: Book of Circus" (Season 3), "Black Butler: Book of Murder Part 1" (OVA), and "Black Butler: Book of Murder Part 2" (OVA) (the latter of which will be released November 15th in select theatres).

(Summary of Book of Murder's premise)

For those who don't know, Black Butler (黒執事, romanized as Kuroshitsuji) is originally a manga written by Yana Toboso (枢 やな). It follows the story of young Ciel Phantomhive, an Earl in the late 1800's England, who serves as the Queen's "Watchdog", alleviating her Majesty's worries, particular with the help of his demonic butler, Sebastian Michaelis. The "Book of Circus" Anime follows the "Noah's Ark Circus" story line within the manga (a fan favorite) and the two "Book of Murder" OVAs follow the "Phantomhive Manor Murders" story line which takes place directly after. The whole series is one I highly recommend and in my top favorites for Japanese Manga/Anime.

(Left: Ciel and Sebasitan)
(Right: Joker, a popular character in "Book of Circus" played by Mamoru Miyano 宮野真守)

(Left: Sebastian, Right: Ciel)

I saw this right after my first trip to Swallowtail Butler Cafe, so needless to say, the whole night had a Butler-theme going on. But I had to take some pictures of this because really: This was in the MIDDLE of IKEBUKURO station. And it was HUGE. HOW COOL IS THAT?! Answer: It's VERY cool.


Forgive my poor pose up against this thing. I couldn't resist. Anyway, it's just another reason I love Japan. Giant advertisements for awesome shows in the middle of the super busy Ikebukuro Station. 

Till next time guys! 

No comments:

Post a Comment