Monday, October 13, 2014

The Bracelet

Hello everyone!

One of the many beautiful things that I've found about Japanese Culture is how people are so honest when they find things lost out in the open. Often times, if you loose something, you can retrace your steps and find the item sitting close by, often placed somewhere easy to spot by a passer by.

On my way to church one day, I found this beautiful example. I sat down waiting for my train and when I looked to my side, I saw the sight pictured below.


On the platform, someone had lost a bracelet. Now when you loose a bracelet, it generally drops to the ground, maybe gets step on but others, or falls to the side of the road never to be seen again. This bracelet though was obviously picked up and hung on the railing here to wait for its owner to return.

What a beautiful thing to do!

Have a wonderful day,

No comments:

Post a Comment