Saturday, May 30, 2015

XVision Tour: X4 at Kashiwa Palooza

Hello Everyone!

(X4)

Ok this is a super late entry but I still wanted to share it with all of you. Back in April I was able to go to my first X4 Concert. I’ll admit I had heard next to nothing of their songs due to the fact that I was planning on buying their CD at the concert (thus the only preview I got was from Youtube and my friend Katie just prior to the concert). But regardless, it was something I greatly looked forward to and enjoyed! 

(Happy Day!)

So who is X4? X4 is a newly formed Boy Band signed under Japanese Dream Records, specializing in R&B and Pop styled music. Members include: Yuya (Matsushita), Kodai, SJ, and T-Max, all from the Kansai area of Japan. Their first album released was "XVision", which was the title of this Live Tour. I was lucky enough to join three of my friends for their concert at Kashiwa Palooza in Chiba (千葉県), near Kashiwa Station (柏駅).

(My Ticket)

Similar to past concerts I've been to, the Goods Lines opened up about 2 hours prior to the actual concert. For anyone curious about Goods Lines, depending on the performer, it is a good idea to line up anywhere between 1-2 hours prior to the line opening, assuming that those in charge allow it. We lined up an hour before, which was a fantastic decision on our part. While we were waiting, a black fan rolled up front and too all of our surprise X4 just strolled out and quickly went into Palooza (as we were all waiting out front). Talk about cool!

(Shot of the inside of Palooza; check out one of the past performances!)

After buying our goods, we went to wait for an hour before coming back for the actual concert itself. We were luckily near the front of the line, so we got good spots once inside. The location was a bit smaller than the last place I saw Yuya live, but I liked that as it meant we were all closer to the performers and the audience could interact more with the band. We only had to wait a little bit before the performance started with the "Theme of XVision". In this concert, it was about half talking/half singing as they only had one CD out, but I think most of the fans appreciated it as it allowed us all to get to know the singers a bit better. They would joke, laugh, and sometimes speak seriously, but most of all, they made for a great performance for all of their fans there.

(The Inside of Palooza)

After the concert came the best part of this adventure though. One of the lucky things about this location was that if you bought a CD, you could stay after and shake hands with all 4 of the band members and speak them for a bit. Being able to that was absolutely fantastic, and a memory to be had. They were all really sweet, funny, and had wonderful smiles. This was my second time meeting Yuya, but my first time meeting the others, who were very charming young men as well. It was though the first time I had the chance to talk to any of them, which was very interesting for me as my Japanese was put to the test. Thankfully, I think it passed. ;)

(My Handshake Pass)

Overall, the concert was a lot of fun and the location was great as you could really interact with the performers. X4's music itself was very catchy and I found myself immediately needing these new songs on my iPod after the concert. My favorites included: "Bang a Gong", "Fire", "Little Longer", "Raindrop", and "Mikaduki", and "I Don't Know Your Name". If you're unfamiliar with their music, you can check them out on iTunes and on their official website here: X4 . Each member also has their own Instagram that you can follow as well. Check them out!

Till my next big adventure,

3 comments:

  1. Thank you for your comments about Matsushita Yuya activities. I've found your blog because I was looking for some information about the The Alucard Show, and yours was the only one with description about the musical in English. I watched only Kuroshitsuji Musical, that is easy to find on You tube, but about The Alucard show is very difficult. I' am little sad that Yuya started a band because I really like him as a solo artist (I like his voice and for me he is a very underrated artist) but he seems happy with his band and I'm trying to follow his activities with the band. I'm curious about the other Yuya's live that you went. Is his live on the end of the last year? Did you have any chance to watch the last kuroshitsuji live ? See ya

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your comment! I'm glad that you enjoy my blog. I think everyone was a little surprised by the formation of X4, but it seems that the band is producing some fantastic music and Yuya seems to be doing well, so let's continue to support him! ^_^

      I did see the Kuroshitsuji Musical Live. I was very fortunate in that regard. I have not written an entry here on that because it happened back in September, but if you would like, I'd gladly write one up to review it! I've also been to one of his solo concerts back in 2014 (again, a while ago), but I can write about that one as well if you'd like. The first time I saw him live though was at the musical "In The Heights". I already wrote about that one here on my blog and you find more information there.

      Thanks again for stopping by! ^_^

      Delete
    2. Hi Lauren, thank you for your answer. I'm going to be very happy to read your opinion about the "Lycoris that blazes on the earth". To be honest I like the "The Most Beautiful Death in The World" the most, because Yuya sang 5 musics instead 3, and because of the interaction between Sebastian and Grell. But I need to say, the music " I'll be your pawn and sword" is awesome in the last musical. It is possible to listen how much Yuya's voice improved. I was not expecting that he could reach so high notes.

      I read your review about "In the Heights". It is nice to read about the Musicals in Japan that you had the opportunity to watch.

      About Yuya live concert that you watched last year, I believe it was awesome. I watched some lives from Yuya and he really can sing live. I don't want to give any extra work, but I'm going to be happy again to know your opinion about his solo live. I believe it was different form the live with X4.

      Very glad to be in contact with you.... Thanks for you answer again ^_^

      Delete